I live in Claremont, California and serve the surrounding areas. To find out if I provide service in your area, please contact me.
There is no charge for our initial meeting. This meeting is used to get to know one another. The relationship between a mom and her doula is a unique one. As such, this initial meeting is crucial so that we may both ensure a good fit.
I offer my basic services at the rate of $1200.
This is a flat rate, regardless of the length of your labor.
Due to the current state of our economy, I understand that some parents-to-be may be especially strapped for cash. For these clients, I offer payment plans and possible rate reductions. If you are currently living below the poverty line, I may provide services to you at no charge. I am a firm supporter of DONA's Vision: "A doula for every woman who wants one." No woman should ever go without a doula simply because she cannot afford one.
- At least two prenatal visits (in addition to initial meeting/ interview) to: establish a rapport, get familiar with the birth plan or help create one, practice relaxation techniques and comfort positions.
- Join mom at home to support her in early labor
- Support transition to the hospital OR help get settled in for a home birth
- Support mom and her partner
- Encourage open communication between mom, her partner and her health care providers
- Suggest comfort measures and help put them to use
- Suggest ways for partner to support mom during labor
- Gently remind mom of her vision for an ideal birth
- Wholeheartedly support any decisions mom makes in the hospital
- Emotionally and physically support mom while she pushes
- Suggest ways for partner to support mom while she pushes
- Take still photographs if you want me to, and if your health care provider allows it
- Support mom immediately following birth
- Support mom while she is breastfeeding (as needed)
- At least one postpartum visit
Additionally, it must be acknowledged that some women, whether by choice or circumstance, do not have a partner to support them through their pregnancies. For these women, I offer additional services (fees vary):
- Accompany mom to prenatal appointments
- Attend childbirth education classes with mom
- Discuss pregnancy books mom is reading
- Accompany mom to shop for baby goods (clothes, furniture, etc.)
- Assist mom in assembling baby's new furniture
- Assist mom with housekeeping
- Assist mom in planning a friends and family "help list" (cooking meals, walking dog, housework, help with other children) for the immediate postpartum period.